Sunday, October 2, 2011

weekend adventures

For me, great weekends include great company, delicious food, and of course a little shopping.

My favourite part of Friday nights is probably dinner.  It's a great way to end off a long week and kick off the weekend.  This Friday involved a great dinner at Suika Izakaya in Vancouver.  This was a much anticipated dinner, as this place is always fully booked (at least whenever I call) and it's been all the rage on Twitter. After hearing great things, I finally got to taste it myself.  I have to say it definitely lived up to the wonderful reviews.  It had a great interior and even better food.  PS. Their Matcha Brulee is amazing!


On Saturday, after making our way downtown to pick up supplies for a DIY project, we stopped by Meat and Bread for some breakfast.  If you haven't been, you must go!  You'll thank me later!  Must haves: porchetta sandwich and potato salad.  

 


Ended off the night at the Canucks game. A 4 to 1 win over the Oilers!  Hockey is always a good way to spend an evening.  Sunday wasn't as eventful, but I definitely enjoyed the R&R in preparation of a busy week ahead.


Hope you had a great weekend!  They are never long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment